New portfolio website
Friday, May 13, 2016


My professional portfolio has been available at this address for more than 10 years. It has seen many and various iterations as my body of work has grown, career developed and web design skills improved

I established this website in its current form in 2010 and it has served me well, until recently. Surprisingly, it receives hundreds of hits per month but it's clearly outdated and Google isn't as generous with its rankings as it once was

I'm not a web designer or developer and I didn't ever tackle fully controlled CSS layouts, which became the norm in the late noughties. CSS controlled layouts are already well beyond my website design ambitions so it's highly unlikely that I'll attempt CSS controlled layouts for a responsive website. Fortunately, there are now many platforms that provide tools to set up responsive websites without the need for coding skills. I've become quite well-versed in Webflow, which is exceedingly good

As I hope you'll gather, my new website isn't simply to showcase work and demonstrate my positioning, it's also a platform to champion ideas that underpin my work. Among these ideas, pride of place is given to 'brand as operating system'. 'Brand as operating system' is a logical conclusion to 'brand as organising principle', which was championed by the likes of Wolff Olins in the early noughties as the basis of brand thinking for business in a digital age

I'll expound on 'brand as operating system' as I go about my business – in person and via my new website, which is now available at business-os.com

[Update: For the sake of simplicity, I've since reverted to using andrewsabatier.com as my primary website and using business-os.com to host this website for legacy purposes]







Permalink